Thursday, August 23, 2012

I'm back, with some new and I hope useful stuff.

OK, I'm back after a long absence. And now that I am back, I plan to post regularly, at least twice a week. Some of the postings will be clearly commercial. Watch for the Wednesday Wheel Deal, a posting of a pair of wheels that I have priced to spin out the door.

But I am also going to write about bicycles, both riding and working on. I hope I can also open up a dialog with my readers. What do you ride, where do you ride and why do you like it so much?

For a little over 30 years now, I have had a bicycle I call my No. 1 Bike. This is an insider's bike, a custom-built frame equipped with a parts kit chosen for maximum functionality and durability without deeply cutting costs. As easy rule for me since its advent in bike parts is No Carbon Fiber. The closest I come is Kevlar beads in my clincher tires.

Current No. 1 Bike is a Litespeed Siena. At least that is how it is badged. It was built in the Litespeed custom shop, and was built to ride like my last No. 1 bike, only better. Once I figure out Flickr or Picasa, I'll be posting pix.

And that's enough for tonite.

No comments: